- NZ founded Software Company with global reach
- Be part of an exciting new product journey
- Takapuna, Auckland
Accordo provides SaaS technology and cloud optimization services. We help software providers and channel partners engage with their customers at scale by combining cloud expertise with proprietary technology, processes, and data science to help businesses get the most from digital transformation. Guided by 20 years of experience worldwide, we have developed a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to innovation. Accordo takes pride in delivering solutions that enable businesses to harness the cloud opportunity through actionable insights to increase productivity and deliver profitable outcomes.
We enjoy a supportive and diverse team environment where employees are encouraged to think big and empowered to reach their full potential. At Accordo, we take pride in our innovative approach, proprietary technology, and our customer and employee-centric culture.
At Accordo, we believe that adapting to change and learning new techniques are essential to continued success. Our teams are self-organized squads that are designed to feel like a mini-start-up and are eager to achieve excellence in all that we can do. We are team-centric, sit together, and we have all the tools needed to design, develop, test, and release to production. We work with industry-leading development processes and technology.
As an engineering team, we follow three guiding principles:
- Write less code, get more done.
Leverage services from third parties and community packages wherever possible to provide non-core functionality..
To help drive delivery, we only consider something as done when it is available for the users in production.
- Embrace change, trial and error
Favor trying new solutions to new challenges. Always look to improve on existing solutions.
- Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, APIGW, Azure functions, Cosmos DB, Dynamo DB)
- Stateless Microservices
- Event Driven Distributed Applications (think Twelve-Factor App)
- Elasticsearch driving dashboard and analytics front end
- React + Redux deployed as static front end on a CDN
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will work collaboratively with others and utilize modern technologies to achieve excellence, whilst also sharing ideas.
- Work with the squad to break down stories in to manageable tasks, and provide accurate story point estimates.
- Develop tasks to a high quality and see them through to a finished state within a sprint, whilst providing mentoring for junior members of the squad.
- As is the practice at Accordo, innovation and ideas are welcome, so this position will also share ideas across squads and encourage others to do the same.
- Responsible for designing and developing both back end (NodeJS) and front end (React, Redux, Webpack) functionality.
- All team members are also responsible for CI/CD and DevOps work relating to build, test, deploy and monitor applications and services.
- Takes ownership of your daily workload by prioritizing allocated workload.
- Adhere to defined Accordo operations, processes and procedures, and correctly use Accordo’s internal systems.
- Three or more years developing software in a commercial software development environment.
- Proven ability to develop large scale, complex applications.
- In depth knowledge of the following technologies – Frontend JS (React, Redux, Webpack), Back end (NodeJS), Unit testing, API tooling (Postman, Runscope, etc.)
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own work to meet agreed objectives.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to take direction from all levels.
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with a sense of urgency, be organised and methodical.
- DevOps experience and knowledge of AWS (or similar): Lambda, S3, IAM, Cloudwatch, Docker, Linux, CDN configuration (varnish or similar)
- A firm understand of oAuth 2.0 and claims-based authorization
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
You will be rewarded with:
• Strong SAAS product company with a start-up buzz.
• Stunning office in the heart of Takapuna, looking out over the ocean and Rangitoto island.
• Work with a talented team, who share knowledge and care about the great work we do.
• Opportunity to grow, learn and progress as the company scales.
If you have this experience and want to be part of a global SaaS management company where People come first, then please submit your application (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com.
Please Note: You must have NZ work-rights to be considered for these roles and we will only respond to shortlisted applicants.